Shipping & Handling
SHIPPING RATES FOR KOI FISH
We will contact you after your fish purchase via email or by phone to confirm shipping date and box size.
|Extra Small||Up to 6 Tosai(under a year-old, generally between 4-10 inches in size)||$55|
|Small||Up to 15 Tosai(under a year-old, generally between 4-10 inches in size)||$95|
|Medium||Up to (4) Koi 16in or less||$125|
|Extra Large||Up to our discretion||$200|
The procedure to acclimate fish after shipping is very different from the procedure after you bring home fish from a retail store.
DO NOT float the bag in the pond for an extended period of time(over 10 mins.)
DO NOT leave the fish in the bag water after opening the bag
Koi consumes oxygen in the bag and adds carbon dioxide to the bag-------> pH of bag water lowers because of the CO2 ------> the lower pH makes the ammonia in the bag essentially non-toxic to the fish. As soon as the bag is opened and the bag water interacts with the outside air some oxygen enters the water and some CO2 leaves the water, this raises the pH and makes the ammonia in the bag water now toxic to the fish.
The best way to acclimate the fish is to float the bag for 5mins and then open the bag and introduce the koi directly into the pond.
DO NOT add the bag water to the pond, as it contains elevated levels of ammonia.
If DOA(Dead on Arrival): a photo must be taken of the fish still inside the bag and contact our customer service department must be made within 12 hours of receiving the shipment. Store credit will be given for the value of the lost fish.
As we cannot guarantee the quality of the water among other factors in a customer's pond, the customer becomes responsible for the fish after they receive a shipment of it.
Improper acclimation can cause undue stress on the fish. which can lead to disease, please read our guide on how to acclimate your new fish.
Under no circumstances can a fish be shipped back to us. This is to ensure bio-security at our facility.
MERCHANDISE SHIPPING DISCLOSURE
- All orders placed after 1 PM EST will be shipped out the following day.
- NO partial orders will be shipped only FULL orders.
- Orders will be shipped when ALL items are available.
- If an item does run out it will take 7-10 business days for printing production and then another 3-4 business days to ship priority!
SHIPPING & HANDLING FOR MERCHANDISE
- First Class Shipping (3-9 Business days) + processing time for packing of order 5 business days
- Priority Shipping (3-4 Business days) + processing time for packing of order 5 business days
We now ship via UPS for all INTERNATIONAL deliveries
- International Shipping (Time in Transit should be around 10-20 days if not quicker)
- After processing of order, delivery time within the United States is 1-9 days, and up to 20 business days internationally. Please keep in mind that during holidays or limited edition launches, this time may vary (TRANSIT TIME MAY INCREASE).
- We are not responsible for any shipping deliveries that may be affected by customs, natural occurrences, transfers from USPS to the local carrier in your country or air and ground transportation strikes or delays, nor any extra fees, customs or back end charges once the package has exited the United States.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
- We do not accept PayPal
- BEGINNING October 8th 2018 - ANY AND ALL ORDERS PLACED AFTER 10/08/18 WILL BE FINAL, WE WILL NO LONGER ALLOW RETURNS ON ITEMS DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF TIME REQUIRED TO PROCESS RETURNS. ALL SALES ARE FINAL SO BE SURE TO ORDER THE CORRECT ITEM OR THE CORRECT SIZE. WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.